The Exploration Society provides outdoor experiences to children and adults through educational and adventurous events and expeditions. We strive for excellence in our field and use high ratios of experienced and qualified instructors to deliver a wide range of disciplines including sailing, mountaineering, bushcraft and canoeing. For more information visit: www.explorationsociety.co.uk
ESOC is a professional and close knit team with a strong sense of community and a passion for adventure. The Sales Manager role sits within the Operations Department and will play a crucial role in growing the company and taking us into our next phase of development.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic new team member who would enjoy a varied and flexible role with plenty of scope for growth and development. You will report to and work closely alongside the Managing Director, and your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
Marbella Adventure Programme:
- Expanding our Mediterranian summer adventure club to new locations and partners
- Building on our existing relationship with the Youth Hostel Association, to deliver more day events for groups visiting London
- Driving sales of Corporate Events through direct marketing and networking
- Driving sales of core Exploration Society trips and camps
- Publication of Exploration Society events through social media and other channels
Necessary Experience and Skills
You should apply if:
- You learn on your feet and can pick up new systems quickly
- You’re organized and accurate with meticulous attention to detail
- You’re a good communicator able to work well alongside others
- You’re process orientated and can prioritise tasks quickly and are proactive at getting things done
- You’d like a varied role where your efforts will have a direct impact on business performance
- You’re computer literate and a natural problem solver
- You’re confident and comfortable multitasking and working across multiple departments
Previous experience in sales is required. Ideally in a related industry.
- 31 days holiday (inc bank holidays)
- Flexible working hours
- We would consider a part-time/pro-rata arrangement (2-5 days a week)
- Friendly working environment within a supportive and exciting company
- Salary will be in the range of £26,000 to £30,000 pro rata depending on experience.
Interview and Start Date
Suitable applicants will be invited to interview at our Canada Water office. We are looking for candidates who could start in the New Year. Interviews will take place from the 2nd of December.
If you have any questions please contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.